East Kent Prescribing Formulary
For all communications regarding COVID-19, please click here.
Welcome to the East Kent Prescribing Formulary, which contains the list of medicines approved for prescribing in Primary Care within East Kent.
The medicines, recommendations and guidelines contained in this formulary have been approved by the East Kent Prescribing Group (EKPG), which consists of representatives from the following;
- Kent and Medway Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG)
- NHS East Kent Hospitals University Foundation Trust (EKHUFT)
- Kent Community Health NHS Foundation Trust (KCHFT)
- Kent and Medway Partnership Trust (KMPT)
- Local providers are also invited to input into the group.
The medicines included in this formulary have been selected on the basis of clinical effectiveness, cost effectiveness and patient acceptability. Prescribers should adhere to the formulary status and recommendations listed in this formulary.
- If an item cannot be found on the formulary it has not been approved for use within East Kent.
- In exceptional circumstances a non-formulary drug may be prescribed where other options have proven to be ineffective or not tolerated. If a patient is stabilised on a non-formulary drug for a condition where changing treatment would be inappropriate e.g. epilepsy, the medication should be continued, when the patient transfers between care settings.
- Prescribers should be prepared to justify the choice of a non-formulary medicine if called upon to do so. It is important that prescribers recognise the considerable cost implications of prescribing non-formulary drugs and the likelihood that funding may be required for some expensive drugs.
If in doubt, please check with your local medicines management team or email ACCG.firstname.lastname@example.org
Every effort is made to ensure that the information contained in this formulary is accurate and up to date at the time of publication. Please be aware that information about medicines and therapeutics will change over time, and that information may not be current after the initial date of publication. Please take note of the publication date and seek further advice if in any doubt about the information shown.
Please send all Freedom of Information (FOI) requests to the CCG's FOI Team at email@example.com